Monday, April 2, 2012

Arrowhead Fly Angler & Friends Attend Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo

   I enjoyed the Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo, held in Blaine, MN, from March 23-25, 2012.  Spent time casting Sage, TFO, and Allen 10wt rods, listened to speakers Brad Befus and Kelly Galloup speak, respectively, about carp and nymphing, and just enjoyed speaking with vendors, tiers, and friends.  Oh, and I also took a lesson from Don Lawhead, MN, a certified master casting instructor for the Federation of Fly Fishers.  I need to work on that ‘homework’ he gave me!    
   Year 2009 was my first expo, which I attended in Chicago.  After 1.5 days, visiting vendors and casting and re-casting 10wt rods, I started the drive home.  Realizing I was crazy to leave without a rod, I turned around and spent another day there.  I left with a rod which, to this day, is my favorite casting rod. 
   During this year’s expo, I was pleased to help Ouitdee and Mike at their booth promoting  Arrowhead Fly Angler (http://www.arrowheadflyangler.com/).  The fly fishing guide service is based out of Duluth, MN.  The guys are the first two people who really took the time to show a new angler not just how to fish but they also shared the passion of why they fly fish.   They do it because they love it and they guide because they have maintained that pure desire to share with others what is so addicting about fly fishing.   This will be the 4th year we’ve shared a friendship, and it was nice to help them, if only for a little while.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I appreciate and welcome comments on this blog!
To keep it quick, I don't use word verification prior to your posting a comment. Since most spam comments are made anonymously, I just delete anonymously-posted comments. Thanks!