Saturday, December 24, 2011

HFFA Annual Fly Fishing Show - 2012

UPDATE 1/4/12: Information is now posted for the show!  Please visit HFFA's website for more details:  http://www.hawkeyeflyfishing.com/
The Hawkeye Fly Fishing Association's annual fly fishing show will be held in 2012 on Feb. 17-19th.  This year's event will be held in Iowa City at the Clarion Highlander Hotel which is off of I-80's exit 246.
   Two of the featured speakers will be Brian O'Keefe and Rich Osthoff.
   I realize the show is less than 2 months away and there is very little information yet posted about the show.  However, I was also informed that a large swim meet will occur the same weekend.  So, if you think you might attend the show and you wish to stay overnight, I recommend booking a room now.
   Previous shows have featured fly fishing vendors, a multitude of bucket raffles, a casting area, and a nice array of Midwestern-born and nationally-known speakers speaking about both warm and coldwater fishing.  I will update the blog with more details and/or rumors as they become known.  I'd recommend reserving a day or two in your schedule to attend the show even if the official details of the show have been slow to appear.  I've attended the last 2 years and have found it worthwhile. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I appreciate and welcome comments on this blog!
To keep it quick, I don't use word verification prior to your posting a comment. Since most spam comments are made anonymously, I just delete anonymously-posted comments. Thanks!