Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Water-Tested & Musky-Approved

                                 

                         BB's FORAGE                                  



   BB’s Forage is a Musky Fly created almost 3 years after I first fished for musky.  Prior to this (hopefully) toothy delight, all of my musky ties were originated by others or heavily influenced by another’s creation.  While I can’t say that this pattern is bereft of other tiers' influences, it is not based on anyone else’s recipe.  It’s about time!

  I've written an article to supplement the recipe.  It details what I'd hoped to accomplish (for ex: to create a faster-sinking fly), why particular materials were chosen, why they were tied-in in a particular manner, the fly's castability, & how the fly presents in the water.   If there is an interest, I can post the article or answer any questions.  Just use the comment section or drop me an email.

  I've test-casted the flies and was (surprisingly) exceedingly pleased with the results.  They have yet to swim in musky water, but I consider them water-tested and musky-approved!  See my Fly Tying page for the recipe.  Thanks, ~Twitch (posted 9/21/12)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I appreciate and welcome comments on this blog!
To keep it quick, I don't use word verification prior to your posting a comment. Since most spam comments are made anonymously, I just delete anonymously-posted comments. Thanks!