Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fiddling with Flies & Java at the Coffee Shop

  The first 2012 drink, fiddle, and tie at Java Java Cafe, 836 E. River Drive, Davenport, will be this Saturday, January 21.  I plan to order sweet, hot java and a breakfast sandwich at 10 a.m. and get to tying flies shortly afterward.  It's looking promising that Jackfish will make it and I'm making casts for musicians (including Joe Nobiling) and other fly anglers.  All are welcome and the musicians undoubtedly added something special to the last drink and tie held back in December.  The fun-o-meter dictates how long we stay.  The cafe closes at 3 p.m..  Come on out if you want to tie, learn how to tie, want to learn about fly fishing, or just want to kick back and listen to some folk music.  (*If there is a cancellation due to weather, etc., it will be posted on this blog page*)  Thanks! ~Twitch

2 comments:

  1. This is sure a fine looking blog, Lisa. Hope we can get another fly and fiddlin' Saturday in before Spring is sprung!!! But the way the weather is that might not happen! Got any prognostication on weather for the month of February?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe! I will prognosticate a short stint of severe weather but overall mild for Feb. I suspect another fiddle & fly could be had at the end of Feb or beginning of March... otherwise work and the fly fishing show are taking my time. Planning a fish/camp adventure 2morrow & Tues. Gotta fish while I can! Maybe I'll see you at Dot's Pots Music Night! ~ or come fishing tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I appreciate and welcome comments on this blog!
To keep it quick, I don't use word verification prior to your posting a comment. Since most spam comments are made anonymously, I just delete anonymously-posted comments. Thanks!