Monday, May 28, 2012

Flies on a Hat


 I wish that I should fish the fly,
 landing enough fish to grow a hat such as this.  

Of 11 fish each holding 2 flies,
all but 1 gave back his and another's to the N.E. Iowa guy.
 
This final fish took the guy's fly.

In a week & in fair water did they again meet,
that fish returning both flies to N.E. Iowa's Jeffery Skeate.

This hat, therefore contains the stolen remains of battles rightfully won by the fin.
No more do they wear the symbol of their victory,
held firmly to lip or cheek.
Yet, in the current is it water I hear or glorious tales about which they speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I appreciate and welcome comments on this blog!
To keep it quick, I don't use word verification prior to your posting a comment. Since most spam comments are made anonymously, I just delete anonymously-posted comments. Thanks!